Research activity on campus is resuming in phases. Anyone who can effectively continue their research and other study/work activities from home should continue to do so.
For ongoing updates related to University research and COVID-19, and information about how to Return to Research, visit our website.
Current criteria to conduct research on campus include:
- COVID-19 related research
- Research that, if not continued, would result in a significant loss of data or equipment
- Grants and contracts with time-sensitive milestones
- Graduate students nearing research degree completion
- Research with needs for intermittent lab access
- Early career researchers
- Researchers currently hindered by restrictions due to COVID-19, where ongoing access to research laboratory and specialized facilities would be required for the continuation of their research
Tools for returning to campus for research purposes
© Copyright 2020 the University of Waterloo | C018780